يختلف طلاء المسحوق عن الطلاء حيث يتم تطبيقه كمسحوق جاف ، ومن هنا اسمه. يتم تطبيق المسحوق على الكائن باستخدام مسدس كهروستاتيكي يتم تسخينه بعد ذلك إلى 200 درجة مئوية. تتيح الحرارة لمسحوق الترموستات بالذوبان ومن ثم تشكيل بوليمر ذي وزن جزيئي أكبر. هذا يخلق طلاء من سمك موحد دون أشواط.
Powder coat is also eco-friendly as over-spray material is collected and re-used which apart from being non-wasteful means it is not allowed to enter the atmosphere.
Also going towards its green credentials, unlike many commercial paints, the powder coat does not contain solvents or Volatile Organic Compounds.
The benefits of powder coating over paint finishes
- It does not peel or flake when the substrate is flexed
- No solvents are used in the process of powder coating – this produces a low fire risk finish and is also eco-friendly
- Powder coat adheres strongly to the substrate and is corrosion-resistant
- A uniform coating thickness is achieved
- Resistant to UV light fading
- Resistant to acids, solvents and cleaning fluids.
The durability of Powder Coating
Powder coating is a high-quality finish found on thousands of products you come in contact with each day. Powder coating protects the roughest, toughest machinery as well as the household items you depend on daily. It provides a more durable finish than liquid paints can offer, while still providing an attractive finish. Powder-coated products are more resistant to diminished coating quality as a result of an impact, moisture, chemicals, ultraviolet light, and other extreme weather conditions. In turn, this reduces the risk of scratches, chipping, abrasions, corrosion, fading, and other wear issues.
It’s tough. It looks great. And it lasts a long, long time. In addition to being durable, powder coating is an attractive choice due to environmental advantages.